Security Forces Animal Complex
Whiteman Air Force Base
Department of the Air Force
Design and construction of an Animal Clinic and Kennel Complex (3,000 SF) for 12 Military Working Dogs (MWD), 2 Transient MWD, and future expansion for 4 MWD.
Facility to provide care for pets of base personnel and local retirees as well as routine care of the military work dogs on Base.
- Waiting area
- Surgery prep
- Reception & record keeping
- Laboratory, surgery
- Examination rooms
- Other staff support areas
Kennel and Support Facility
Security Police Kennel Support Building for administration functions
- Two adjacent buildings replace the existing single structure which houses the kennels, kennel support spaces, offices, training and storage spaces
- Adjacent outdoor training area and obstacle course.
- MWD support special use areas (food storage, isolation, restricted supplies (drugs and ammo), exam and tack rooms, plus general support areas (latrines, showers, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Security Forces MWD Kennel including food prep, kennel area, access corridors, and storage spaces.
- Vehicle parking for clinic and military vehicles
- Fenced areas for MWD training and security
- All site utilities and grading
- Golan pad for small explosive storage
- Project designed for LEED Silver